Welcome to Canterbury Basketball
The Canterbury Basketball Association Incorporated is a not for profit sporting organisation established in 1972 to foster the growth, development and promotion of basketball in Canterbury. Prior to 1972 basketball was organised by both men’s and women’s Associations.
The Canterbury Basketball Association currently has a seven member Board, employs five staff and has numerous committed volunteers. Nine Life Members have been recognised by the Canterbury Basketball Association for their commitment to Canterbury Basketball over many years.
Currently approximately 5000 club, school and social players play basketball in Christchurch.
Christchurch clubs cater for teams at Premier, Division One, U23, U20, U17 and the U15 levels. All senior teams must be affiliated to one of our nine Christchurch clubs.
We also have midweek and social competitions which cater individual teams and do not require the club connection.
The Canterbury Basketball Association manages a comprehensive junior development programme for Under: 12; 13; 14; 15; 16; 17; 19; and 23 age group players in Canterbury and participates fully in all Basketball New Zealand age group events.
* General Manager – Paul Duggan – email@example.com
* Finance Administrator – Nicky Jagger – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Community Basketball Manager – James Lissaman – email@example.com
* Community Coach and Women’s Development Manager – Lori McDaniel – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Senior Referee Manager – Marty Davison – email@example.com
* Referee Development Officer – Rebecca Moon – firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSOCIATION BOARD MEMBERS
* Chairman – Tim Bennetts
* Board Member – Barry Dent
* Board Member – Simon-Pierre Mbonyinshuti
* Board Member – Lisa Rooney
* Board Member – Alan Harrison
* Board Member – Alan Wenmoth
* Board Member – Murray Kennedy
Cuthberts Green Sports Centre
220 Pages Road, Wanoni
PO Box 24063