Welcome to Canterbury Basketball
The Canterbury Basketball Association Incorporated is a not for profit sporting organisation established in 1972 to foster the growth, development and promotion of basketball in Canterbury. Prior to 1972 basketball was organised by both men’s and women’s Associations.
The Canterbury Basketball Association currently has a seven member Board, employs five staff and has numerous committed volunteers. Sixteen Life Members have been recognised by the Canterbury Basketball Association for their commitment to Canterbury Basketball over many years.
Currently approximately 5000 club, school and social players play basketball in Christchurch.
Christchurch clubs cater for teams at Premier, Division One, U23, U20, U17 and the U15 levels. All senior teams must be affiliated to one of our nine Christchurch clubs.
We also have midweek and social competitions which cater individual teams and do not require the club connection.
The Canterbury Basketball Association manages a comprehensive junior development programme for Under: 12; 13; 14; 15; 16; 17; 19; and 23 age group players in Canterbury and participates fully in all Basketball New Zealand age group events.
* General Manager – Clive Beaumont – firstname.lastname@example.org 021 520 598
* Finance Administrator – Nicky Jagger – email@example.com 021 207 5757
* Community Basketball Manager – James Lissaman – firstname.lastname@example.org 027 526 1752
* Community Coach and Women’s Development Manager – Lori McDaniel – email@example.com 027 327 6043
* Senior Referee Manager – Marty Davison – firstname.lastname@example.org 027 526 1753
* Junior Referee Manager – Rebecca Moon – email@example.com 027 826 9368
ASSOCIATION BOARD MEMBERS
* Chairman – Barry Dent
* Board Member – Tim Bennetts
* Board Member – Fionna Chapman
* Board Member – Lisa Davison
* Board Member – Diane Fenika
* Board Member – Murray Kennedy
* Board Member – Alan Wenmoth
Cuthberts Green Sports Centre
220 Pages Road, Wanoni
PO Box 24063